Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Deadwoodish





    
        A few years back, I really got into Deadwood.  Man, that show was cool...visceral, unapologetic and very thoughtful.  Also, violent as all hell and the brilliant dialogue was very generously peppered with so much profanity, it could make Joe Pesci crap his pantaloons.  I do not recommend doing what I did, watching the entire series without intermittent breaks of normal TV...you will fall into the illusion.  Sure, you won't think you're in an outlaw-led frontierstown in 1878...but your speech might devolve into something that sounds more like this:


Mine did for a bit...proof that there is such thing as too much of a good thing.  It's a weird feeling when you notice something has directly influenced your behavior...it becomes a part of your character, part of you, just as much as your politics or belief system.  Luckily, I've now shaken off all the bad influences that HBO branded into me...now please excuse me, I have to re-watch the Wire for the fourth time. 'Cause that's how we do. 

So, these sketches are not of anyone in particular in the show...they were mostly done in transit, all just for fun--so you may see some random subway sketches in there. 
Cheers,  Matt







No comments:

Post a Comment